“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
October is here, readers! I love September, but it hasn’t felt like fall in Connecticut lately–it’s either been stormy and grey or sunny and hot! Now that things are finally getting crisp this month, I’m excited to share my October Bucket List with y’all:
- Host a Mean Girls Movie Night on October 3rd: It’s National Mean Girls Day, so invite your clique over to cozy up with some popcorn in your most fetch PJs (it’s also on a Wednesday this year, so you’ve got to wear pink). How much candy do you need? The limit does not exist.
- Go to a festival or fair. I know most people think of these as September activities, but there’s still a ton to do in October! In CT, Glastonbury’s Apple Harvest Festival is on October 12th, the 20th Annual Connecticut Renaissance Faire is going on through October 14th, and Hebron’s Harvest Moon Festival is happening on the 20th!
- Peep those leaves. Peak leaf season for us in in late October, and it’s always nice to go on a road trip to see autumn touching the trees! Check out the Classy Girls Wear Pearls Guide to Leaf Peeping–she’s got a helpful visual for all of New England!
- Make a Halloween Playlist. Here’s mine.
- Revamp that sweater collection. I recently got a great cozy sweater from Stitch Fix. It was my first box and I totally fell in love; I even wore it on my birthday! (You can get $25 off of your first box by clicking here!)
- Decorate for Halloween. My Halloween decor situation is a mish-mash of things I picked up at the dollar store during college and more high-quality post-grad purchases. #NoShame, but I’m looking forward to a more cohesive look with pieces from Michael’s and Target!
- Snuggle up with a cup of cider and 31 Nights of Halloween. Back in my day there were only 13 nights! Freeform has expanded its Halloween movie showings to include all 31 nights of October and I could not be more thrilled. It’s not October without the Sanderson Sisters and Jack Skellington, am I right? The full schedule is available here.
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day on October 28th. Whether you’re strictly an artisanal, small-batch dark chocolate lover or a Hershey bar devotee, pick up a special treat!
- Visit a haunted house! I’m going to a Ghost Stroll in Downtown Mystic on the 20th with UConn’s Alumni Association. Combo networking and spooky Halloween event? Sign me up.
- Carve pumpkins–or paint them! This is Evan’s favorite fall activity. In past years, we’ve done Disney Princesses, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and animals. Keep an eye on my Insta for what we do this year. Need some easy pumpkin inspo? Check out this Pinterest board–there’s more than 400 ideas!
Whew! Hoping I can get this all packed into one month of spooky, autumnal fun!
Anything on your October Bucket List? Let me know in the comments!