Hi y’all, happy Friday! I know that it’s still a little early to be shopping for holiday goodies, but it’s always better to be prepared, right? From now until Christmas, I’ll be posting themed gift guides every Friday! Recently, a coworker and I were bonding over our mutual love of uncommongoods.com. It’s chock-full of beautiful, often handmade, artisanal products from across the US and the around the world. It’s the perfect place to start your holiday shopping! I’ve tried to make your shopping simple with my favorite products at a variety of price points. Check it out!
For Your BFF
- Homesick Candles: if you’ve got an out-of-state pal, this candle will remind them of home. (p.s. the Connecticut one smells like nutmeg, lemon, eucalyptus, hay, clove, and oak moss–yum!) $30.
- Birthstone Constellation Necklace: for your horoscope-obsessed friend, a necklace with each zodiac’s constellation and set with a birthstone. Jewelry that looks like the night sky? Sign me up. $98.
- Anatomy of a Best Friend’s Heart Screenprint: a piece of wall art to celebrate the weird and wonderful parts of best friendship. $40.
For Your Bae
- Heart-shaped serving spoon: for your favorite chef, a hand-carved olive wood spoon to symbolize your affection. $20.
- Very Big Hug throw: when you can’t be there in person to provide a hug, this soft cotton blanket can! $108.
- Create Your Own Reel Viewer: make a reel of your favorite photos, pop it in the viewer, and enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane. $29.95.
- Lavender Blossoms Grow Kit: even if your mom doesn’t have a green thumb, she can grow soothing lavender indoors with this kit! (Did y’all read that NYT article about the anxiety-calming powers of lavender?) $34.
- Family Recipe Cutting Board: put grandma’s lasagna recipe or auntie’s famous chocolate chip cookie recipe on display with this customizable cutting board. $140.
- Shattered Glass Ceiling Paperweight: for any superhero of a mom, a desk accessory that represents women’s breakthroughs in every industry. Perfect for mom-trepreneurs and boss ladies everywhere. $48.
- Grilling Spice Blends: I got these blends for my dad a few years ago and he still talks about how much he loves them. You can’t go wrong with this set of 4 spices: Cajun Blackened, Caribbean, Chipotle & Honey, and Vermont Maple. $36.
- Family Time Conversation Kit: a recipe-box-inspired set of cards to connect with family over dinner? Dads everywhere will rejoice when we all put our phones away! $25.
- Dad’s Playbook: for the new father in your life, quotes from sports’ greatest coaches on how to be the best dad they can be. $13.
For the Littles
- Play Your Way Ice Cream Maker: add the ingredients, kick or toss this ball around, and voila, your very own ice cream! Fun to play with and to eat! $50.
- Letters To My Future Self: kids can send themselves memories through the mail with this adorable set of letters! This would be also be great for new moms, recent grads, or other times of transition! $14.95.
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: if you’ve got a little leader in your life, send them off to sleep with tales of Jane Goodall, Malala Yousafzai, and Ava Lovelace. $35.
For Your Boss
- Amazing Woman Paperweight: a paperweight with changeable cards to express how your amazing boss is feeling that day: Amazing, Joyous, Powerful… There are over 100 possible options! $72.
- Fusion Mini Pocket Power Bank: for the team that’s constantly on-the-go, a sleek and compact power bank that, on a full charge, will recharge your iPhone 1.5 times! $50.
- Fidget Blocks: boss need something to do with their hands during long conference calls? These tanagram-inspired blocks can make countless shapes for hours of fun. $16.
For the Impossible-to-Shop-Fors
- Flavored Simple Syrup Set: these four uniquely flavored mixers can be given as a set, or as individual stocking stuffers! Great for anyone who loves an artisanal cocktail. $30.
- Wooden Oven Rack Pull: this is one of those products that you look at and say “who could possibly need this?” Spoiler alert: you do. I’ve got a friend with this tool and it’s a sweet addition to anyone’s baking routine. $18.
- Ukulele DIY Kit: the aspiring musician in your life will love building their very own beautiful custom ukulele with this kit! $79.
…And for Yourself!
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick: this set of 8 single-serving hot chocolate treats will keep you warm well into January with flavors like French Truffle, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Peppermint, and Salted Caramel. $36.
- Mindfulness Card Set: when you need to take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle, here’s 50 prompts and exercises to keep you rested and balanced, curious and joyful, insightful and aware, and kind (which we could all use a little more of this season). $16.95.
- Fragrant Dry Shampoo: nobody’s got time to keep their hair perfect all winter long; try this organic powder dry shampoo (read: no ingredients you can’t pronounce) infused with Lavender and Rosemary essential oils to use between washes! $18.50.
I hope this helps you get started with your holiday shopping! Who are you buying for this year? Any products from UncommonGoods that I’ve missed? Any suggestions for gift guides? Let me know in the comments!